05 Jun 25 Free Ways You Can Help Improve Your Community and The World
There will always be challenges for humanity to solve.
Sometimes, challenges can seem very big. You might feel you can’t make a difference as just one person.
We believe you can.
We’ve seen the power of one person so many times. Our Partner Agencies are delivering critical services in our Simcoe Muskoka communities, and often, those services rely on a single person building a connection with someone else.
It’s the collective impact of the many seemingly small actions we can all take that creates the bigger change we want to see in our communities and the world.
Your actions and reactions can help strengthen the rising tide or create a roadblock. The choice is yours.
“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. And great things are not accidental, but must certainly be willed.” – Vincent Van Gogh
You don’t need a lot of money or time to make a difference.
Here are 25 Free Ways You Can Make The World a Better Place:
- Get to know your neighbours
- Pick up garbage around your community
- Plant trees
- Spend quality time with children
- Learn about issues affecting your community
- Complain less
- Let others know you’re thinking of them
- Catch yourself judging others and examine why
- Be kind to others
- Make eye contact with strangers
- Smile… a lot
- Offer to help a friend in need
- Make your health and wellbeing a priority
- Listen more
- Hold the door for people
- Speak up when you hear prejudice
- Practice gratitude
- Set goals and work toward them
- Spend time with seniors
- Make a new friend
- Share and support positivity and good news on social media
- Participate in local politics
- Be happy for others’ successes
What did we miss? Add your ideas for free ways we can help improve our society by commenting below.
Why not take one of these actions right now by sharing these ideas on your social media. Let’s spread more good!