Regional Advisory Board (Volunteer)
Reaching Home is a unique community-based program aimed at preventing and reducing homelessness. Since its inception, Reaching Home has been encouraging communities to adopt a more fulsome approach to homelessness and has supported them in shifting away from emergency responses and focusing instead on longer-term solutions. Click here to learn more about Reaching Home.
The Regional Advisory Board (RAB) serves as an advisory committee to understand, plan and co-ordinate activities that raise awareness of the complex issues surrounding homelessness in rural and remote areas of Ontario. Members are expected to have in-depth knowledge of key sectors and systems that affect homelessness priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assess and recommend projects for funding to United Way Simcoe Muskoka (UWSM) who serves as the Community Entity (CE).
- Identify and engage with stakeholders in the community and build strong connections to other homelessness related programs and strategies.
- Raise awareness and/or educate the public about rural and remote homelessness.
- Support the CE in the governance, planning and implementation of Reaching Home.
- Actively participate in quarterly meetings (in person, conference call, virtual).
- Develop RAB Terms of Reference and other related policies and procedures, for example: membership application, roles and responsibilities of the chair, chair selection procedures, mandate or mission statements, and conflict of interest guidelines.
- Recommend any specific review criteria over and above the RH assessment criteria.
Who Should Apply?
- Interested applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Represent one of the following subgroups: Academic & Research, Accessibility (Physical, Developmental), Cultural (Indigenous, Francophone, Newcomers, Minority Language Communities), Health, Homelessness Sector, Housing Sector, Legal/Corrections, Mental Health & Addictions, Northern and Rural Community in Ontario, Populations who are Homeless or At-Risk, Public Sector, Private Sector, Not-for-Profit Organization, Seniors and Youth
- Have experience in reviewing and assessing funding applications
- Be available to participate in quarterly meetings and to assess applications on own time
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their resume and complete volunteer form (see button below) to: Rosslyn Junke, Director, Community Impact – Federal Initiatives at ReachingHome@UWSimcoeMuskoka.ca